Bachelor of Business (Honours) Business Management (BMT) CW908
- NFQ Level 8
- New Course
- 4 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
Business touches on almost every aspect of modern human society and careers in business are diverse and often highly paid. At undergraduate level students can gain
a foundation in many of these aspects of the business world, before choosing
In the Business Management (BMT) option at year three students will study specialist subjects in more detail including: business research methods; organisational behaviour; operations management, business finance; international business and more. Additional specialist subjects can be chosen depending on the student's area of interest.
- All students, regardless of the original option chose, will be permitted to change their selection at the end of Year 2 and confirm their specialism for Years 3 and 4 at that point.
- Exit Awards - Ordinary Bachelor Degree after Year 3.
- Exit Award - Higher Certificate (NFQ Level 6) after Year 2
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates who achieve a minimum of a second class Honours Degree are eligible to apply to undertake a Research or Taught Masters at IT Carlow or other institutions.
What exemptions will I receive?-
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
Graduates from this course, will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and competencies that are demanded in a modern business environment. The graduate will be qualified to work in a wide range of business settings such as industry, banking, public service, financial services and service industries.
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- 6 subjects with at least 2 subjects at Higher Level Grade H5 or better.
- 4 subjects at Ordinary Level Grade O6 or Higher Level Grade H7.
- English or Irish at Ordinary Level Grade O6 or Higher Level Grade H7 or better.
- Mathematics at Ordinary Level Grade O6 or Higher Level Grade H7 or better.
Graduates of a relevant Certificate are eligible to enter Year 3 of this programme; Graduates of a relevant Ordinary Degree are eligible to enter Year 4.
Mature applicants will be assessed on an individual basis and may be interviewed.
Business Applications 1
Writing, Editing and Research Skills
Business Applications II
Human Resource Management
Supply Chain Management
Financial Accounting 2
Business Research Methods
Business English Project
Business Informations Systems 1
Strategic Human Resource Management
Corporate Governance and Business Practice
Dissertation Level 8
Business Information Systems 2
For Further Information ContactProgramme Director
Joan McCahill, BComm, MBS