Bachelor of Business (Honours) Human Resource Management (HRM) CW908
- NFQ Level 8
- New Course
- 4 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
Human Resource Management (HRM) is the function within an organisation that focuses on recruitment of, management of, and providing direction for the people who work in the organisation. The HRM function deals with issues related to people such as compensation, hiring, performance management, organisation development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, communication, administration, and training.
In the Human Resource Management (HRM) option at Year 3, students will study specialist HR subjects in more detail including: strategic HRM; organisational behaviour; employment law; applied HRM and industrial relations. Additional specialist subjects can be chosen from the elective list depending on student's area of interest.
- All students, regardless of the original option chose, will be permitted to change their selection at the end of Year 2 and confirm their specialism for Years 3 and 4 at that point.
- Exit Awards - Ordinary Bachelor Degree after Year 3.
- Exit Award - Higher Certificate (NFQ Level 6) after Year 2
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates may apply to undertake a Research or Taught Masters at IT Carlow or other institutions.
What exemptions will I receive?
Graduates are eligible for membership of CIPD at intermediate level.
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
A business degree in HRM is internationally recognised and offers a passport for graduates to work anywhere in the world. Careers in HR are varied and include: HR management; HR recruitment specialist; general management; customer service; HR functional manager and many more. Graduates may find employment in the private or public sector across all industries including: banking; education; retail and manufacturing.
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- 6 subjects with at least 2 subjects at Higher Level Grade H5 or better.
- 4 subjects at Ordinary Level Grade O6 or Higher Level Grade H7.
- English or Irish at Ordinary Level Grade O6 or Higher Level Grade H7 or better.
- Mathematics at Ordinary Level Grade O6 or Higher Level Grade H7 or better.
Graduates of a relevant Certificate are eligible to enter Year 3 of this programme; Graduates of a relevant Ordinary Degree are eligible to enter Year 4.
Mature applicants will be assessed on an individual basis and may be interviewed. EXIT AWARDSYES
Strategic Human Resource Management
Business Research Methods
Business Informations Systems 1
Business English Project
Applied Human Resource Management
Contemporary Developments In HRM
Dissertation Level 8
Corporate Governance and Business Practice
Business Information Systems 2
For Further Information ContactHead of Department
Martin Meagher, BComm, MBA, MA, FCA