BSc, MSc, MA
Lecturer Department of Business
eLearning Development Officer (Teaching and Learning Centre)
- Research Interests
- Research Supervision
- Risquez, A., Raftery, D. and Costello, E. (2015), The open dataset on students’ perceptions of virtual learning environments in Ireland: Collaborating to listen to the student voice. British Journal of Educational Technology, 46: 1070–1074. doi: 10.1111/bjet.12323
- Risquez A, McAvinia C, Raftery D, O'Riordan F, Harding N, Cosgrave R, Logan-Phelan T and Farrelly T (2013) ‘An investigation of students' experiences of using virtual learning environments : implications for academic professional development’, in: Ciara O'Farrell and Alison Farrell (editors) Emerging Issues in Higher Education III : from capacity building to sustainability Athlone, Ireland: EDIN (Educational Developers in Ireland Network) http://www.edin.ie/publications.php
- O’Broin D and Raftery D (2011) ‘Using Google Docs to Support Project-based Learning’ All Ireland Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (AISHE-J) 3(1) http://ojs.aishe.org/index.php/aishe-j/issue/view/3
- Raftery D (2010) ‘Developing educational screencasts – a practitioner’s perspective’. In Donnelly, R., Harvey, J., & ORourke, K. (Eds.) Critical Design and Effective Tools for E-Learning in Higher Education: Theory into Practice. Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference.
- Farrelly, T., Raftery, D., Risquez, A., McAvinia, C., Harding, N., Costello, E., O’Grady, M., Ryan, D., McSweeney, D., Logan-Phelan, T. (2015) ‘Exploring lecturer engagement with the VLE: initial findings from a multi-college survey’ EdTech 2015, research paper presentation, University of Limerick, 28th-29th May.
- Risquez, A., McAvinia, C., Raftery, D., Costello, E., O’Riordan, F., Palmer, M., Harding, N., Cosgrave, R., Logan-Phelan, T., Farrelly, T. (2013) ‘Engaging students through the VLE: findings from the VLE Usage Survey 2008-2013’ 6th Annual Learning Innovation Network (LIN) Conference, Ashling Hotel Dublin, 17th October.
- Risquez A, McAvinia C, Raftery D, Harding N, Costello E, Farrelly T, O'Riordan F & Palmer M (2012) ‘Uptake and Usage of Virtual Learning Environments: Findings from a multi-institutional student usage survey’ EdTech 2012, research paper presentation, NUI Maynooth, 31 May-1 June.
- Raftery D (2008) ‘Developing educational screencasts: practical tips and pedagogical issues from the chalkface’ EdTech 2008 , Dundalk Institute of Technology, 22-23rd May.
- Raftery D (2008) ‘Useful resources for teaching a first course in statistics from a statistical literacy perspective’ 3rd Irish Mathematics Service Teaching Conference, Waterford Institute of Technology 26-27th May Raftery D (2006) ‘In Pursuit of Teaching Excellence: Encouraging Teaching Excellence in Higher Education’ AISHE Conference 2006, Maynooth 31st August-1st September (http://www.aishe.org/events/2005-2006/conf2006/proceedings/ )
- Kane C, Raftery D & Gormley P (2012) ‘eBRICS (NDLR LInCS Project)’ EdTech 2012, Poster, NUI Maynooth, 31 May-1 June.
- Raftery D & McDonald S (2011) ‘Assessing for learning and quantitative literacy’ 18th International Conference of Adults Learning Mathematics (ALM), Poster, ITT Dublin, 26-29th June
- Raftery D, Fannon F & Brennan S (2011) 'FASTER (Financial Accounting eLearning Resources)' EdTech 2011, Poster, Waterford Institute of Technology, 1-2nd June
- Raftery D (2009) ‘We all need to be numerati: fostering quantitative literacy in higher education’ LIN 2nd Annual Conference, poster, Athlone 15th Oct
Advice on research methods and data analysis to postgraduate and undergraduate researchers.
Supervision of research masters students.