Deferral & Repeats
The Institute will sympathetically consider applications for deferral. Deferrals will be subject to the Institute offering the course in the following year. Please note TLT (Third Level Training) funding offered in the current year might not be available in the following year.
On receipt of an offer notice :
- Do not accept the offer in the manner shown on the offer notice.
- Do not make any payments
- Write immediately to the Admissions Office setting out the reason(s) for the request.
- The letter must arrive in the Admissions Office at least two days before the ‘Reply Date’ shown on the offer notice.
- Please ensure that the top left hand corner of the envelope is clearly marked with the word ‘Deferral’.
- Part C of the offer notice must be attached to the letter.
- IT Carlow will communicate its decision to the applicant.
- If the deferral is not granted, the offer may still be accepted for the current year.
- In order to take up the deferred place, the applicant must re-apply through CAO by 1st February of the succeeding year, placing the deferred course as the first and only preference.
Repeat students, where readmitted, are liable for full course and acceptance fees. Contact the Institutes Admissions Office for more information.