Advanced Entry Applicants
What is Advanced Entry
Advanced entry is for applicants for full time courses at IT Carlow. Advanced entry places are available on a broad range of programmes. Applications will be accepted for places on Year 2, 3 and 4 programmes at IT Carlow. Applicants for first year places must submit their application to CAO. To view the list of programmes by Academic Department click into the list below:
Advanced Entry Programmes 2016
How to Apply
• Applicants should complete the online Application Form
• Supporting documentation such as Examination Transcripts, Employment Details, Personal Statements etc can be emailed to email@example.com
• Applicants due to take examinations in Summer 2016 must forward transcripts of results as soon as they become available.
NOTE: Your application cannot be processed until all the relevant supporting documents have been received
The closing date for receipt of Online Applications is 30th June 2016
How are the Advanced Entry applications evaluated?
Where demand for programme places exceeds supply, all eligible applicants will be ranked in accordance with their academic and/or academic equivalent experience. Places are allocated in accordance with the IT Carlow Procedure for the Allocation of places for Advanced Entry to IT Carlow Programmes available on the Institute website.
When will Place Offers be issued?
First Round Offers: 4th July 2016
Closing Date for Acceptance of Place Offer: 11th July 2016
- Applicants are advised to review the status of their Advanced Entry Application regularly
- Applicants eligible for a place offer will receive an email advising them to check the status of their application on the IT Carlow website
- There will be a facility to Accept place offers online
- The Institute will issue a formal letter to all Applicants who have accepted a place offer at the beginning of August 2016.
- Some additional offers may be made mid-August 2016
Courses will commence in September 2016. Programmes will be offered subject to viable numbers.
This information is correct at date of issue. It is issued on the express condition that it shall not form part of any contract between the Institute and any applicant or student. The Institute reserves the right in every case and at its discretion and for any reason to alter or not offer courses or parts of courses. The running of programmes is subject to viable numbers of potential students.