Thursday 16th November 2017
Friday 17th November 2017
Carlow Campus Open Day Includes:
- A general talk on course / career choices and transition to higher education. This talk will be held in Lecture Hall A102 and will be repeated four times with the first talk commencing at 10am. See times for the four talks on the enclosed information schedule.
- Individual course talks across a range of discipline areas delivered by academic staff at regular time intervals. Please see attached list for details of venues and times.
- An Open Day Exhibition in the Central Services Building, in our Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre) and in our newly open Haughton Centre. This exhibition will provide information stands on Courses, Admissions, Access, Accommodation, Health Care, Students Union, Clubs & Societies etc.
- SUSI will be represented once again on campus this year at Open Day to answer all your questions in relation to financial support for college.
- View demonstrations in the Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre) Sports Hall from a sample of our Clubs & Societies and enjoy watching model cars created by first year students from our engineering department as they race through heats all the way to the final.
- Library Tours will be available on the day providing an opportunity to view all the facilities and supports provided to learners while in college.
- An IT Carlow Open Day Debate organised by our Built Environment Department will take place in Rooms C135 (Nore Building) and K104 (Dargan Centre) from 10.00am. Schools from around the country will participate and visiting guidance counsellors, staff and students are welcome to drop in to listen to the arguments for and against the motion.
- Information for visiting students will be provided on arrival. All students on entering the institute will receive the Schedule of Events and the Schedule of Course Talks.
- Open Day Help Desks will be available throughout the campus staffed by IT Carlow students to facilitate any questions your students may have and to assist them in locating course talks that they may wish to attend.
- A meeting for Guidance Counsellors with the Head of Student Services and Access Officer, followed by the main information session with President of IT Carlow Dr Patricia Mulcahy. The first session will provide information on CAP (Carlow Access Programme) and will commence at 10.45am, followed by the President’s session at 11.15am, both taking place in the Activities Room in the Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre).
If you require any further information on the Carlow Campus Open Day, please contact Mary Bates e: firstname.lastname@example.org or for our Wexford Campus Open Day, please t: 053-9185808 or e: email@example.com